Determining and arranging academic accommodations is a partnership between the student, 老师, 及无障碍设施协调员. The student requesting academic accommodations is an active participant in the interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations that provide an equitable opportunity to participate in, while not fundamentally altering the courses, 项目, 服务, 和活动.
学生的角色 in the interactive process is to discuss the impacts of their disability, provide information/documentation on an as-needed basis, and share what disability accommodations have worked in the past.
无障碍设施协调员的 role in the interactive process is to work with the students and their instructors to identify barriers to accessing the course, 程序, 服务, 或活动 and recommend reasonable accommodations that mitigate impact of the barriers but do not fundamentally alter the essential functions of the course, 程序, 服务, 或活动.
教师的角色 in the interactive process is to share their knowledge of the essential elements of the course or 程序. It is also 老师’s role to contact the Accessibility Coordinator if they believe that the recommended academic accommodations compromise the essential requirements of a course/程序 or fundamentally alter a course/程序.
Academic accommodations are individualized and intended to minimize the impact of a disability has had on your access to an educational setting. Some examples of academic accommodations are sign language interpreters, 延长测试时间, and preferential seating in the classroom.
Steps to request academic accommodations at NDSCS:
- Complete 应用程序 and return to Accessibly Coordinator
-电邮申请 firstname.lastname@example.org 或致电701-671-2623或 完成在线.
- Submit supporting documentation (via 电子邮件, online, traditional mail, or fax)
- NDSCS follows the Association of Higher Education and Disabilities (AHEAD) recommendations for documentation. No one type of documentation is preferred or guarantees accommodation approval. For more information, please contact the Accessibly Coordinator.
-致电701-671-2623，电邮 email@example.com 或者在线安排 在这里.
住宅设施 are approved on a case by case basis. Some examples of residential accommodations are single rooms, 饮食计划的改变, 以及对空间的物理改变. The process is different from academic requests.
Steps to request 住宅设施 at NDSCS:
- Schedule an appointment with the Accessibly Coordinator online 在这里, or contact Accessibility Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org 或701-671-2623申请.
- Complete the application for residential accommodations
- Have a qualified professional complete the NDSCS residential accommodation form and return to Accessibility Coordinator 从ice.
The request for accommodations and the provision of the accommodation must be appropriate and timely. The accessibility coordinator will address requests for accommodations in a timely manner, but the institution cannot guarantee the availability of appropriate accommodations without ample lead tome to make preparations and /or investigate resources.
For specialized 服务 such as sign language interpreting and/or captioning, 请求必须通过电话提出, 电子邮件, or in person at least 90 days in advance of date of 服务.
The accessibility 从ice may need four to six weeks advance notice to process textbooks in an alternative format, 安排记笔记服务, 或其他类似服务.