澳门新葡京官方网站 (NDSCS) is committed to creating a safe, 清洁, and healthy educational environment for all students, 员工, 和游客. NDSCS is a tobacco-free College in order to promote the health, 健康, 以及所有成员的安全. The purpose of this policy is to reduce the harmful effects of secondhand smoke; provide an environment that encourages persons to be tobacco and nicotine free; and establish a culture of respect and 健康. In 工作ing to achieve this intent, NDSCS commits to:
- Reduce the high incidences of tobacco and e-cigarette use at NDSCS;
- Protect the health and safety of all students, 员工, and the general public;
- Establish a standard of healthy, tobacco-free behavior.
NDSCS prohibits the use of all tobacco products on College property including off-campus, College-sponsored澳门新葡京官方网站/活动. 这项禁令包括在室内, 在户外, 大学车辆, and/or personal vehicles while on College property. NDSCS prohibits the use and possession of all e-cigarette devices in College-owned residential buildings. This policy applies to all 员工, students, 和游客. This policy will be reflected in all agreements/contracts for use of NDSCS grounds or property by individuals and/or companies.
烟草 usage includes any product that contains tobacco, is derived from tobacco or contains nicotine or other similar substances, 供人类食用, 或者很可能被消耗掉, 是否吸烟, 加热, 吸入, 咀嚼, 吸收, 溶解, 或者通过其他方式摄入. The term “烟草 Product” includes E-cigarettes and other electronic smoking devices, 管道和卷筒纸, but does not include any product approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration for legal sale as a tobacco cessation product and is being marketed and sold solely for the approved purpose.
NDSCS 员工, students, 和游客 are responsible for complying with this policy. Individuals who violate this policy may be subject to student or employee disciplinary action and provided cessation information.
- ndsc警察 and 住宅生活 staff will enforce the 烟草 Free 政策.
- Employees who become aware of tobacco use by another employee or student on College property or at off-campus, College-sponsored events can report the details of the incident to the NDSCS concerns page at ndsc.edu/concern.
- Repeated student violations will be reported to the Executive Director of Student and 住宅生活.
- Employee violations will be reported to the employee’s supervisor. Repeated violations will result in disciplinary action.
- 访问ors who persist in noncompliance will be asked to leave College property.
Confidential access to resources, services and cessation medication is available through
NDSCS Student 健康 and 咨询服务
- 赖利·霍尔，113 (701.671.2286)
- http://richlandcountyhealth.org/index.php /程序/ substance-prevention
The health hazards of tobacco use have been well established in research. Use of tobacco products is the leading cause of preventable death and disability in 北达科他. NDSCS is committed to promoting healthier educational, 工作, 生活环境, and recognizes the serious health risks associated with the use of tobacco products, 对用户和非用户都一样, and believes that the use of tobacco products are detrimental to the health and safety of students, 员工和校园访客. For further information on pertinent College educational opportunities, 联系Bethany Mauch, ndsc酒精, 烟草, and Other Drugs Prevention Specialist at (701) 671-2124. Or call the Human 资源 Office at 701-671-2903, or email Human 资源 at email@example.com.