The Student Emergency Fund provides financial assistance to 澳门新葡京官方网站 (NDSCS) students who face sudden, unforeseen emergency or crisis situations. Funds are awarded in the form of gift cards to help alleviate short-term financial hardships. These gift cards are not intended to supplement existing financial aid and do not need to be paid back. The mission of this fund is to help students stay enrolled during a time of unexpected financial crisis.
- 通常, students need be enrolled full-time at NDSCS (part-time students may still apply and could be awarded pending availability of funds).
- Students must be experiencing an unexpected financial hardship resulting from an emergency or crisis situation that threatens their ability to successfully complete the current semester.
- Students must demonstrate that they have exhausted all other possible financial resources before applying for student emergency funds, 比如学生贷款, 医疗补助计划, 个人理财账户, 欠你钱的人, 以及社区资源.
- Students must meet with a designated staff member prior to receiving emergency funds.
- Student’s current academic standing and behavioral conduct history will be taken into consideration.
- Once/per student while enrolled at NDSCS
Follow-up from a staff member will be done no later than 6 weeks after the funds have been distributed. This follow-up is to ensure the student is taking the proper steps to help alleviate any financial stress that remains after the emergency (a long-term action plan). Any additional guidance (non-monetary) the student needs will be given at this point.
What qualifies as an emergency situation?
情况包括, 但不限于, 事故, 医疗或牙科紧急情况, 自然灾害, 旅游突发澳门新葡京官方网站, 家庭成员死亡, and/or need for temporary housing due to unanticipated events.
What is not considered an emergency situation?
- 学费, books, tools, uniforms, fees, and insurance
- 违章停车罚单或其他罚款(例如.g. 行为)
- Entertainment, recreation, non-emergency travel
- Non-essential household items or personal expenses
- Automotive expenses (needed to stay enrolled and/or hold employment)
- Replacement of books or other essential academic equipment/supplies
- 你目前有工作吗?? 如果没有，你在找工作吗?
- Have you accepted all your available 金融援助 including grants and loans?
- Have you applied to receive a Wildcats Care Grant before?
- Additional 应用程序 Materials: Must provide proof of financial need (e.g., 账单, 晚通知, 收据, 维修费用预估, 医生/牙科/医药账单, 机票/火车信息, 汽车费用, 官方失窃报告)
Will the information I share be confidential?
是的, a team of three people from 学生的成功, 学术咨询, and 金融援助 will review your application – the specifics of your situation will be kept confidential.
How long will it take for a staff member to contact me?
48 hours (unless 从ices are closed during that time)
What additional information will I have to provide?
这取决于请求, typically this could include: 账单, 晚通知, 收据, 汽车/房屋维修概算, 医生/牙科/医药账单, 机票/火车信息, 盗窃的官方报告
How long will it take for the funds to be available?
一旦获得批准, within 72 hours (timeline may be expedited depending on emergency type and staff availability)
How many times can I apply for the grant?
One time during your time as an NDSCS student.